Saturday 26 November 2011

Jobs to do, and some completed!

Right the project back on course, I have made some real progress this week.

Firstly I got the heads delivered to Roy Burrell, he has promised them back before Christmas, so I can complete the engine by mid January.

This is important as the car is now booked in at JP Exhausts in Macclesfield at the end of January for them to fabricate two extractor manifolds, and the entire exhaust system. I must say I was very pleasantly surprised at the cost, which I thought was most reasonable, not much more than the cost of 2 complete Stag systems from Rimmers with 2 of their extractor manifold kits. These will fit too, and are being built with V band joints, so no sleeves to split if I ever need to remove the exhaust, or its components for maintenance on other parts of the car. Can't wait to get this done, as I think its the last major milestone left, and I was worried about the potential bill.

I have also put the wheels in motion to get the DVLA to re issue the car's original Registration. I have now got my V765 form and all the documentation off to the club, with the appropriate fee, I just have to get Chris Allen round now to do the inspection, so if you are reading this Chris, please drop round some time.

As to work on the car, I couldn't quite face a cold garage today, so I decided to finish off the interior boot trim boards, by cleaning and fixing back the aluminium and rubber trim strips, with 4mm rivets and washers.

Here's the first one finished with the old one behind it.

and the rest






and finally all laid out how they will go in the car, I am chuffed to bits with these, looks a million dollars!



I'd have done more, but Alan Chatterton and family dropped in and we had a pleasant afternoon discussing Triumphs and the RBRR, anyway, its the cold garage for me tomorrow.

Hours worked today 6 total now 793 (seems ages since I tallied that up)

Costs to date, there's a few ebay purchases, the trim work and a few other bits and pieces to be added of £590, so the grand total is now £15430.


My jobs list to finish the car looks something like this (and I am certain to have forgotten a few things), so the target is to clear 4 or 5 items a weekend. 


These jobs are in no particular order, with items that I have forgotten added to the list at the end.



1). Fit offside front brake pipe and fabricate brackets for same
2). Change union on nearside front brake pipe at PWDA valve
3). Bleed brakes
4). Fill gearbox and transfer box with ATF
5). Fit gearbox to engine stiffeners
6). Adjust handbrake
7). Test all electrics – including fitting wires to auto inhibit switch and relays for headlamps
8). Replace rear tailgate hinge tortion bars
9). Fit remainder of exterior brightwork (rear window surrounds)
10) Fit new Ted Taylor windscreen
11). Fit dash parcel shelves
12). Fit interior trim to B and C pillars
13). Fit seat belts
14). Fit side carpet panels to front cockpit
15). Fit ABS electronics module
16) Fit front and rear bumpers
Now done-17) Fit trim strips and fittings to rear load area panels-Now Done
18) Fit carpets
19) Fit headlining
20), Fit remaining interior trim, side panels and wood to rear of estate
21) Fit seats
22). Complete heads after machining as follows, fit Valves and springs, cam buckets and camshafts, gap tappets with shims
23). Fit heads and timing chains, front cover, and pulley
24). Fit water pump
25). Fit inlet manifold and carbs, with fuel pipes, breathers and accelerator cable
26). Fit Dizzy, plug leads and coil
27) Fit radiator and cooling fan and remaining hoses
28) Fit alternator and PAS pump with belts etc
29) Make up PAS to pump pipes (won’t take standard Stag ones!)
30). Insert petrol and see if it starts
31). Test gearbox and check kick down
32). Fix run out on front disks – suspect its a hub / bearing issue
33) Fit trim strip to rear window seal
34) Fit window winders and internal door handles
35) Fit ashtrays!
36). Fit NOS steering wheel
37). Fabricate and fit exhaust system inc custom tubular manifolds
38). Fit windscreen wipers and new blades
39). Rust proof box sections with Dinotrol
40). Replace a few vacuum hoses on servo and connect to inlet manifold
41). Complete bonnet lead loading and paint somehow and fit
42). MOT
part done-43). Get old registration back-part done
44). Cure slow airleak in 2 tyres
45). Run and test!
46). Fit trim to rear seats

Not much left to do then!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Where am I?