The first item to attend to was a quick coat of paint on the unfinished passenger parcel shelf, which is now ready to go back in the car
Power steering pump rebuild now, I removed the front pulley and then the 2 bolts from the rear case, and the flanged hose input leaving this
This cover is just retained by a large O ring at the front of the pump and will gently "tap off" from the front housing
Next to come out is the large circular internal clip, removal of this is helped by the hole where the small screwriver is inserted, which allows you to dislodge the clip, which when removed, and the "dish" underneath reveals this. The pump vanes are not spring loaded, but rely upon centrifugal force to force them out against the housing
and all this strips down into these component parts
Here's the rebuilt pump during painting, nice and shiney!
The PWDA valve (pressure warning differential actuator) looked like this at the start
the shuttle, top left just requires a clean and 2 new O rings, the brass body was cleaned by soaking it in vinegar overnight (coca cola works too), and I blacked the steel endpiece with that Frosts kit I used on the rivets
If Alan Chatterton requires more bling under his bonnet he can always get this chromed!, although watch out for the shuttle bore.
Thats 5 more hours today bringing the grand total hours worked to 803 hours