At the NEC Colin, Amanda and others on the register stand had a slight problem with the Estate, it required the tyres pumping up every couple of hours!- I did give them new footpump though. Anyway time to sort that out before I have to pump them up at Stoneleigh. I had the tyres removed from the rims today, and have applied two thick coats of Hammerite to the inside of the rims to assist the tyre seal, get the tyres refitted tomorrow.
I hope that fixes it!
Did a few other jobs this afternoon, finished the 2 rear doors too, although I am missing one weatherstrip seal
I also fitted the NOS rear carpet that I won on ebay recently, what a difference to the repro ones, its moulded to fit, and has underfelt padding in places
Fits perfectly. Its also made me decide to get a proper trimmer to finish the carpets and load area carpet trims. The repro stuff is not good. I tried one of the rear wheel arch carpets today, it just about fits where it touches, but its not great.
So, got to fit the rear windows, handbrake cable and its ready.
7 hours worked today total now 787