Started tonight by tidying up the pump wiring, I still need to attach terminals to the wiring but this part is almost finished.
Then, thanks to a very kind man from Coventry who loaned me a bucket full of pallet shims, I got the valve clearances set, all 16 at 18 thou.
Head was then torqued down, cam connected to chain drive and rocker cover fitted.
I then did the usual electric drill trick, in the counterclockwise direction to get oil pressure and fill the filter bowl.
So all that remains to do, is finish the pump wiring, fit and time the distributor and plug leads, add coolant and its time to fire her up