Saturday 21 March 2015

TR5 seats and brakes

Another day on the 5, but nothing quite finished. Brake and clutch pipes are finished now EXCEPT for the rear trailing arm pipes, The kunnifer pipe work is finished, but I had forgot that the braided flexi pipes always come with nuts that are too deep to allow the pipe unions to compres down on the trailing arms, so two standard thin nuts need ordering to complete this


Now to the seats, the first one went fine and I got the membrane and rear cushion support installed


But when working on the second seat I found that parts of the rear cushion support had rusted through



So I need to find some 3mm rod to bend to shape to replace the cushion supports that are damaged. I could have completed the first seat but decided to leave it bare so that I can dimension the wires from this, so nothing finished today

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where am I?