Tuesday 23 June 2009

Back and Front

Stripped out the old tail gate and got this new one fitted and aligned - This will let me adjust the shut lines, and rear light housings etc

I was going to stop there, but this arrived today, its repressed on the original tooling

So out came the grinder (again) and I got to this - cheating really as the other panels were just clamped in place so it didn't take long

Passenger side top wing is ok, but the drivers side is like this - so more grinding

radiator panel and top panel in place

Front of car trial fitted again - some small adjustments still to make.

At least these panel welds are all accessible with a proper spot welder so much easier and quicker to do


However after reading a recent post on the forum about engine removal, its obvious the V8 won't come out from underneath - the heads won't fit between the chassis rails, so while the front is off the car I am going to pull the engine and gearbox out. I'll worry about the refitting it later!

Then I will have room to get the spot welder to all the seams.

I have decided to rebuild the front panels as standard and then let in the Stag parts - much as was done originally, this will keep the alignment correct, as there isn't much holding the front together

Anyone got the Haynes manual for the FF transmission removal ??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where am I?