As I didn't get my Sunday work in on the estate I am trying to do a few hours most nights this week, so remaining underbonnet jobs tonight. Firstly the metal bulkhead fittings under the plenum vents. These are always rusty, and certainly weren't fit to refit, so I cut 2 out of some 2mm stainless steel - pity the pop rivets that I had aren't long enough to go through them, the mat and the bulkhead!
Power steering pipes next, got them out of the packet, and found they don't fit, you can see the end of the flare below, and the red plug in the rack where one of them should fit - with the drive shaft underneath. So I peered under the bonnet of my Stag, and I realised that where they normally exit the rack, there's a drive shaft, so they have turned the housing round by 1/3 of a turn (it has 3 bolt holes), this of course means the bends in the pipe, and the pipes are too long.